Whether it's vegan apple cinnamon cookies, creamy brownies, cinnamon rolls with a delicious filling or a dessert with chocolate mousse and a hint of orange - The RAWBITE Christmas bakery offers a lot of inspiration already.
The irresistible almond macaroons from @klaraslife will be a new addition for our recipe ideas.
Did you know that almonds as superfood are also an important part of our bars? On that account, these vegan cookies with almonds are the perfect addition to your Christmas snacks.
Let’s get started!
Recipe for vegan almond macaroons
150 ml aquafaba (as an alternative to egg white)
1 pinch cream of tartar (alternative: normal baking powder)
300 grams of powdered sugar
400 g ground almonds
2 RAWBITE CACAO bars
Whole almonds as decoration
Explanation to vegan alternatives:
Aquafaba refers to the thick liquid from beans (chickpeas work best). This may sound rather unusual at first, but it is a nice vegan alternative to egg whites and can be easily processed into whipped eggwhite. The liquid can be taken from canned chickpeas. If you are cooking fresh chickpeas, the cooking water is also suitable.
Cream of tartar is the natural alternative to baking soda. It has the same effect as conventional baking soda, but does not contain phosphate.
- Preheat the oven to 140° top and bottom heat.
- Cut the RAWBITE bars into very small pieces and set them aside.
- Whisk the aquafaba with the cream of tartar until it’s very stiff (about ten minutes).
- Gradually mix in the powdered sugar. Beat another 2-3 minutes.
- Now fold in the ground almonds and the RAWBITE pieces with a spatula.
- Let the cookie dough sit for 30 minutes. Then use a spoon/ice cream scoop to place small blobs of the batter on the wafers. After placing a whole almond on top of each macaroon, put them on a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Then bake each tray in the oven for 30 minutes.
Depending on the size of the macaroons and how dark you want them to be, the baking time will vary. The cookies should still be soft but not runny.
Let the macaroons cool down and enjoy!
By the way: If you pack the Christmas cookies airtightly, they will be enjoyable for several weeks and you don't have to throw them out.
If you can resist them for that long…
You can find more inspiration for Christmas presents, delicious recipes for the Christmas season or ideas for DIY advent calendars in our RAWBITE Christmas collection.
Happy holidays from the RAWBITE Team.
Pure Taste. Pure Joy.